Recent Fire Damage Posts
Residential Fire-Cooking Tips
Increased Fire Damages due to Cooking in 2018
SERVPRO of Ocala is about to turn 45 years old! Wow, seems like yesterday the Williams were opening their doors for business here in Ocala Florida. Our team of disaster cleanup professionals have seen a lot over that time. But in 2018 our Franchise broke a record and not one to brag about. We have responded to and cleaned up more residential house fires due to cooking. So here are a few tips we at SERVPRO of Ocala would like to share in the hopes we are never called out to clean up fire, smoke or soot out of your home.
- Beware of Grease. When too hot, grease can catch fire quickly. ...
- Stay Near the Heat Source. ...
- Be Alert. ...
- Be Neat, Clean and Tidy. ...
- Watch those Kids. ...
- Use a Timer. ...
- Dress to Cook. ...
- Give the Grilling Some Space Call us with any Questions or Concerns you may have. Happy-Safe Cooking. Call 352-732-6630
After Photo of Fire Damage Posted on 10/22/2018
SERVPRO of Ocala fire damage cleanup efforts
SERVPRO of Ocala posted a photo of a commercial fire damage on 10/22/2018 This is what the building looked like after the fire department had put out the fire. The entire 1600 square foot suite was damaged including some of the trusses. SERVPRO of Ocala began the removal of fire damage material including the HVAC System. Beside the flames, heat and smoke damage there were Bio hazard items inside that needed to be properly disposed of as well. SERVPRO of Ocala had our Bio cleanup crew in to dispose of the biohazard materials like hypodermic needles, blood and urine filled sample vials and any medical supplies damaged or undamaged. The photo shows just one area of the speedy cleanup SERVPRO of Ocala professionals where working on.
Fire Damage Cleanup can be worse than the fire itself-Ocala FLf
Fire Damage Cleanup
The aftermath of a fire can be worse than the fire itself. Water damage, material damage, structure damage, electrical, mechanical, all can be damaged to the point where cleanup is larger than the damage the flames, heat and smoke caused. This is when you need a highly experienced, professional Fire & Water Cleanup and Restoration company like SERVPRO of Ocala. Our team has been cleaning up fire damage and restoring homes and commercial businesses for over 40 years. We understand the trauma a fire damage can cause to life and property.
Business Next door Shut Down by Fire-Ocala FL
Structure, Smoke and Odor Damage
When a fire broke out in an office suite, the business next door was effected as well. Fire fighters had to go into the business next door to help contain and putout the fire. The photo shows ceilings being pulled down in order for the fire fighters to make sure no fire had reached over to this suite. Smoke odor however had filled the suite. This company had to shut down due to the close proximity of the fire and the strong odor. The odor is so bad you could smell it 3 office suites away. SERVPRO of Ocala is cleaning up both locations getting them ready for new business to occupy.
Fire can Interrupt your Business
Fire Damage in a Call Center
SERVPRO of Ocala was called out to this fire which quickly caused a panic and stopped business as usual for all affected. Fire like water can cause a sizable amount of damage and interrupt any operations in a business to the degree that reopening may be days, weeks and months. Fire in particular can be a slow process of cleaning and deodorizing because of fire inspection and safety concerns. Our SERVPRO team cannot always begin emergency cleaning of metal and glass until cleared by authorities. Indoor air quality is a real concern for SERVPRO professionals as smoke and fine soot particles are carried into the HVAC systems and spread through out the facility. But, SERVPRO of Ocala has been cleaning and restoring fire damaged facilities helping businesses of all size get back to "Business as Usual"since 1974!
The Importance of Cleaning Your Dryer Vent
Lint and Debris can cause house fires
According to FEMA, failure to clean home dryers causes 34% of home fires. Home dryer fires causes $35 Million in property loss and can even cause injury or death. Clean your Lint Filter BEFORE and AFTER each load and make sure the Outside Vent Flap (if your home has one) will open and is not restricted. We at SERVPRO of Ocala are dedicated to helping homeowners maintain a safe, healthy home by offering a very good discount to clean out your dryer vent whenever you schedule an HVAC & Air Duct Cleaning & Sanitizing Service from us. Our professional SERVPRO team has the training to help Prevent Fires just as we have the training to Clean up and deodorize Fire and Smoke odors. We Here to help since 1974!
Smoke & Soot Kitchen Fire in Ocala, FL
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Ocala Home.
This home in Ocala Florida suffered a kitchen fire from cooking and the oil getting too hot. Flames burst all over the area causing smoke and soot to fly everywhere. Lucky the homeowner was able to put it out but not before it damage the kitchen cabinets and microwave. SERVPRO of Ocala was called in to help. Since 1974 SERVPRO of Ocala has been helping homes and business with all types of fire smoke and soot damage. We have the training and equipment to make fire damage seem "Like it never even happened." We are also trained to help prevent fires, like professional Dryer Vent Cleaning as well as HVAC and Air Duct Cleaning and Sanitizing.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Ocala (352)732-6630