Smoke Can Damage Your Home in Summerfield, FL.
When the refrigerator electrical cord short circuited, it cased a small fire in this kitchen. The dry wall and kitchen cabinets caught fire. The smoke from the burning material including the electrical cord caused a thick black smoke. To make matters worse, the air condition was on and caught up the smoke into the HVAC system. This caused a wide spread of the smoke. An electrical fire can be harder to clean than a small wood fire. The reason is the plastic coating of the electrical cord that is a waxy substance burned off and floating the air. This can be sticky and harder to clean. Should you suffer a fire in your home and any of your household items are covered in soot, you should not attempt to clean them yourself. It’s strongly recommended to trust them to SERVPRO of Ocala and SERVPRO of South Marion County in order to prevent further damage. Call 352-732-6630 for Emergency Response.