Heating Season is approaching
With the arrival of Fall here in Central Forida many of you are thinking of switching your units from air to heat. Although the length of time that you may actually run your furnace will vary, we here at SERVPRO of Ocala and SERVPRO of South Marion County would like to pass on some tips before you fire that baby up.
- Vacuum: Lint and dust cause a hazard around your furnace.
- Keep Air Flowing: Your furnace needs fresh air to operate. If your furnace doesn't get enough air it may consume oxygen from inside your home.
- Schedule Inspections: You have to keep up to date on yearly inspections to insure your furnace is operating correctly.
- Keep Flammable Items Away: Do not pile papers, rags or any other flammable items next to your furnace.
- Change your Filter: Damaged or clogged filters may cause a breakdown.
- Check Your Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms: Replace batteries at least once a year.