Extreme HEAT-Safety Tips from SERVPRO of Ocala
As summer approaches here in Marion County and surrounding areas, its time to consider safety precautions for extreme heat.
* Install window air conditioners snugly; insulate if necessary.
* Check air-conditioning ducts for proper insulation.
* Install temporary window reflectors (used between windows and drapes) such as aluminum foil-covered cardboard, to reflect heat back outside.
* Weather-strip doors and sills to jeep cool air in.
* Cover windows that receive morning or afternoon sun with frapes, shades, awnings, or lovers. Outdoor awnings or lovers can reduce the heat that enter a home by up to 80 percent.
* Keep storm windows up all year.
Your friends at SERVPRO of Ocala are here to help with the functionality of your HVAC systems by offering free inspections and estimates to clean your HVAC & Air Ducts.