Fire Damage Tips-Ocala, FL
Tips from SERVPRO of Ocala
Even after firefighters extinguish the blaze, smoke and fumes remain a considerable threat to your home. With this in mind, open the home’s windows and doors to ventilate the area as much as possible.
If you can position some industrial fans to move air, that’s a great option, as well. Just be sure to run the power cords to a neighbor’s home, instead of plugging them into your home’s outlets.
Cover any clean, unaffected pieces of furniture with plastic. This preserves their integrity and helps ensure they remain undamaged during the cleanup and restoration process.
Make no mistake: the after-effects of fire can be toxic. Specifically, the soot and smoke in your carpets and furniture can be dangerous. These things present a considerable health risk and are known carcinogens. With this in mind, leave all deep-cleaning to the fire restoration company, who will have the equipment needed to protect them from harmful substances.