Water Damage from Overhead Pipe
Small Overhead Pipe Leak Causes a Mess
When the office personnel opened their door one morning they found a mess from an over head pluming pipe that sprang a leak. The weight of the water soaked the insulation and caused the ceilings to fall in. Luckily it was not a full blown pipe break or the entire commercial facility may have been flooded. However this small leak cause the office to shut down and call SERVPRO of Ocala. Our crews arrived and began the extraction of water, cleaning up the mess, securing the ceilings with plastic and placing drying equipment. In a few days the structure was ready to be restored. The client was extremely happy about our quick, professional service.
After Photo of Fire Damage Posted on 10/22/2018
SERVPRO of Ocala fire damage cleanup efforts
SERVPRO of Ocala posted a photo of a commercial fire damage on 10/22/2018 This is what the building looked like after the fire department had put out the fire. The entire 1600 square foot suite was damaged including some of the trusses. SERVPRO of Ocala began the removal of fire damage material including the HVAC System. Beside the flames, heat and smoke damage there were Bio hazard items inside that needed to be properly disposed of as well. The photo shows just one area of the speedy cleanup SERVPRO of Ocala professionals where working on.
Fire Damage Cleanup can be worse than the fire itself-Ocala FLf
Fire Damage Cleanup
The aftermath of a fire can be worse than the fire itself. Water damage, material damage, structure damage, electrical, mechanical, all can be damaged to the point where cleanup is larger than the damage the flames, heat and smoke caused. This is when you need a highly experienced, professional Fire & Water Cleanup and Restoration company like SERVPRO of Ocala. Our team has been cleaning up fire damage and restoring homes and commercial businesses for over 40 years. We understand the trauma a fire damage can cause to life and property.
Business Next door Shut Down by Fire-Ocala FL
Structure, Smoke and Odor Damage
When a fire broke out in an office suite, the business next door was effected as well. Fire fighters had to go into the business next door to help contain and putout the fire. The photo shows ceilings being pulled down in order for the fire fighters to make sure no fire had reached over to this suite. Smoke odor however had filled the suite. This company had to shut down due to the close proximity of the fire and the strong odor. The odor is so bad you could smell it 3 office suites away. SERVPRO of Ocala is cleaning up both locations getting them ready for new business to occupy.
University Offices Water Damage
One of many areas that needed drying equipment
When a restroom toilet supply line broke on the second floor, the water went everywhere including down to the first floor. SERVPRO of Ocala responded that morning with crews trucks and equipment ready to mitigate the damage. The crews spent hours into the evening extracting and setting he drying equipment. by the 5th day all was dried and the equipment removed. The carpets now need to be cleaned and the office furniture and all the contents can be put back in place so the University staff can get back to work!
Hydroxyl Generator Used to Remove Odor from Fire-Belleview, FL
The Hydroxyl Generator in use at an Assisted Facility Fire Damage-Belleview, FL
A large damaging fire resulted in this assisted living facility. One tool that is used by SERVPRO of Ocala to deodorize buildings is the Hydroxyl Generator.
Hydroxyl generators have proven to be effective for almost any odor. They are commonly used for treating odors caused by fire and smoke, water losses, mold and VOCs. This technology is regularly deployed on losses ranging from large big box retail and industrial fires to residential Category 2 and 3 water losses.
Unlike ozone, atmospheric hydroxyls are safe for people, animals, plants and all sensitive materials like rubber, plastic, leather, vinyl, electronics, paper and artwork. Contents can be wet while being deodorized without the risk of bleaching. Jobs can be streamlined when the contractor is able to deodorize while drying, cleaning and demoing. Both contents and structure can be treated at the same time, and as conditions permit, certain pack-out activities can be avoided or substantially reduced. In many cases, residents can stay in their home or businesses and remain open, while avoiding costly business interruption.
College Gymnasium Damaged by Storm
Large Desiccant Dehumidifier in use by SERVPRO of Ocala
SERVPRO of Ocala responded to a large storm damage when water poured in through the roof of this college gym. This size and type of water damage called for a trailer mounted Desiccant Dehumidifier.
Desiccants are commonly used to dry dense materials (hardwood floors, plaster and lath walls, etc.) due to the large vapor pressure differentials they can create between the surface and the air. Desiccants excel at large loss drying, because they can be made in virtually any size.
Large desiccants are often self-contained dehumidification systems, utilizing onboard generators and running on propane or diesel fuel.( as shown in photo) When large catastrophic events occur, such as hurricanes, large desiccants can provide a means of dehumidification when little or no power is available.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
PPE is sometimes required to safely remediate Mold
SERVPRO of Ocala strives to make sure all our production professionals are well equipped when responding to biohazard problems like sewage and mold. Sometimes the area and amount of the hazardous material is so large and vast that PPE or Personal Protective Equipment is needed and worn. The suites, gloves, eye protection and masks are not easy to put on, so SERVPRO professionals help one another with the equipment. Making sure suits are not torn, and gloves and foot coverings can sometimes be taped for added protection are the responsibility of each person to look after the other. Its important as well that adequate Air and Water be available as the suites get very hot and stuffy. Safety is top of mind that is why many times a Safety Officer or Supervisor is there to watch out for the technicians.
Dehumidification and Air Scrubbing Needed for Successful Mold Remediation
SERVPRO of Ocala using Dehumidification and Air Scrubbing in this photo
What in the world is "Air Scrubbing"? We can hear you ask that question as you read the title of our blog. Simply put, Air scrubbing is one of the most effective methods for getting rid of mold. Air scrubbers draw air in from the surrounding environment, and filter it to get rid of impurities. Air scrubbers are also ideal for getting rid of the mold that settles in your walls, carpet and drapes. There are different sizes of air scrubbers that differ in intensity.When vacuuming and using air scrubbers for mold remediation, the filters used should be HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air). Only HEPA filters are designed to capture particles as small as mold spores. Regular filters will not work. SERVPRO of Ocala provides the right size of both Air Scrubbers and Dehumidifiers to insure your home or commercial facility will be free of mold, dried to industry standards and improve the indoor air quality.
Fire can Interrupt your Business
Fire Damage in a Call Center
SERVPRO of Ocala was called out to this fire which quickly caused a panic and stopped business as usual for all affected. Fire like water can cause a sizable amount of damage and interrupt any operations in a business to the degree that reopening may be days, weeks and months. Fire in particular can be a slow process of cleaning and deodorizing because of fire inspection and safety concerns. Our SERVPRO team cannot always begin emergency cleaning of metal and glass until cleared by authorities. Indoor air quality is a real concern for SERVPRO professionals as smoke and fine soot particles are carried into the HVAC systems and spread through out the facility. But, SERVPRO of Ocala has been cleaning and restoring fire damaged facilities helping businesses of all size get back to "Business as Usual"since 1974!