Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Leaking Bathtub Causes Mold-Summerfield, FL
After Effects from Leaking Bathtub Over Time
SERVPRO of Ocala and South Marion Country was called out to a homeowners house to discover that the bathroom tub had been leaking underneath the flooring because the drain failed. Over time and with no notice at all, water had been making its way under the flooring and dripping out under the crawl space. Not until a musty odor which grew worse and worse did the homeowner begin to suspect the bathtub. The damage a water intrusion can cause can be very devastating and the mold that is a result can be wide spread. The only cure is to remove bathroom fixtures like this bathtub and begin to uncover the damage. Mold growing on drywall, insulation, under the flooring all needed to be safely removed and sanitized. This is what the team from SERVPRO of Ocala has been doing for decades.
Older Buildings can Present Challenges Ocala, FL
Water damage in this older building causes mold
SERVPRO of Ocala was hired to follow protocol for mold remediation on a very old building. The walls were lath and plaster which calls for a lot of hard work removing the walls, ceilings, etc. Old electrical wiring is also a concern for the mold remediation contractor. Plumbing is another factor to be considered. This type of building calls for careful removal of the mold infested areas so as not to cause damage to other walls, wiring, plumbing etc. that are not within the scope of the protocol. The material is fragile due to the age and the SERVPRO professional is always aware of this while using a lot of energy to remove old materials. The work was finished and passed air clearance testing the first time.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
PPE is sometimes required to safely remediate Mold
SERVPRO of Ocala strives to make sure all our production professionals are well equipped when responding to biohazard problems like sewage and mold. Sometimes the area and amount of the hazardous material is so large and vast that PPE or Personal Protective Equipment is needed and worn. The suites, gloves, eye protection and masks are not easy to put on, so SERVPRO professionals help one another with the equipment. Making sure suits are not torn, and gloves and foot coverings can sometimes be taped for added protection are the responsibility of each person to look after the other. Its important as well that adequate Air and Water be available as the suites get very hot and stuffy. Safety is top of mind that is why many times a Safety Officer or Supervisor is there to watch out for the technicians.
Dehumidification and Air Scrubbing Needed for Successful Mold Remediation
SERVPRO of Ocala using Dehumidification and Air Scrubbing in this photo
What in the world is "Air Scrubbing"? We can hear you ask that question as you read the title of our blog. Simply put, Air scrubbing is one of the most effective methods for getting rid of mold. Air scrubbers draw air in from the surrounding environment, and filter it to get rid of impurities. Air scrubbers are also ideal for getting rid of the mold that settles in your walls, carpet and drapes. There are different sizes of air scrubbers that differ in intensity.When vacuuming and using air scrubbers for mold remediation, the filters used should be HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air). Only HEPA filters are designed to capture particles as small as mold spores. Regular filters will not work. SERVPRO of Ocala provides the right size of both Air Scrubbers and Dehumidifiers to insure your home or commercial facility will be free of mold, dried to industry standards and improve the indoor air quality.
Finding out your Home has a Mold Problem
The kitchen after mold was discovered and SERVPRO of Ocala crew completed the mold remediation.
This homeowner learned after a home inspection and mold test was performed, that water damage was hidden by the seller thus causing mold damage everywhere. SERVPRO of Ocala was recommended to the homeowner to help clean and sanitize the house located in The Villages, Florida. The outcome was amazing every room in the house was cleaned and sanitized. All areas was dried and the air testing came back negative! The home was now ready for restoration of drywall and painting, etc. The homeowner was very happy to move into a safe mold free home. For over 43 years SERVPRO of Ocala has ben helping out residential and commercial clients through out our community. No job is too small or too large for our SERVPRO team to handle!