SERVPRO of Ocala Thanksgiving Safety Tips (Prevent Fires!)
Keep Your Family Safe This Thanksgiving
SERVPRO of Ocala Thanksgiving safety tips to prevent house fires.
- Check food regularly while cooking and remain in the home while cooking and use a timer as a reminder that the stove or oven is on.
- Keep the kids away from the cooking area. Enforce a "kid-free zone" and make them stay at least three feet away from the stove.
- Keep anything that can catch fire (pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels or curtains) away from the stove, oven or any other appliance in the kitchen that generates heat.
- Clean cooking surfaces on a regular basis to prevent grease buildup.
- Purchase a fire extinguisher to keep in the kitchen. Contact Ocala Fire Rescue to take training on the proper use of extinguishers.
- Always check the kitchen before going to bed or leaving the home to make sure all stoves, ovens and small appliances are turned off.
- Install a smoke alarm near the kitchen, on each level of the home, near sleeping areas and inside and outside bedrooms. Use the test button to check it each month. Replace all batteries at least once a year.
- Happy Thanksgiving from your friends at SERVPRO of Ocala
Extreme HEAT-Safety Tips from SERVPRO of Ocala
SERVPRO of Ocala HVAC & Air Duct Cleaning Services
As summer approaches here in Marion County and surrounding areas, its time to consider safety precautions for extreme heat.
* Install window air conditioners snugly; insulate if necessary.
* Check air-conditioning ducts for proper insulation.
* Install temporary window reflectors (used between windows and drapes) such as aluminum foil-covered cardboard, to reflect heat back outside.
* Weather-strip doors and sills to jeep cool air in.
* Cover windows that receive morning or afternoon sun with frapes, shades, awnings, or lovers. Outdoor awnings or lovers can reduce the heat that enter a home by up to 80 percent.
* Keep storm windows up all year.
Your friends at SERVPRO of Ocala are here to help with the functionality of your HVAC systems by offering free inspections and estimates to clean your HVAC & Air Ducts.
SERVPRO of Ocala presents our Christmas Album of Songs
SERVPRO of Ocala is constantly looking to share our story and services with our clients and show appreciation at the same time. This CD of Christmas songs was an idea of Mike Webb, SERVPRO fo Ocala marketing manager. Mike who has had the opportunity to be in the music industry professionally as singer, songwriter thought our gift of Christmas joy in song would be a wonderful way of thanking our clients, family and friends for supporting our local SERVPRO of Ocala franchise. Mike produced the album and recorded it over a period of two months in his home studio. So far the reception and comments have been positive with many being delighted to hear some of their favorite Christmas songs. The best part is getting to share the magic of this special time with all our SERVPRO clients in person. Merry Christmas from your friends at SERVPRO of Ocala!
SERVPRO of Ocala Customer Appreciation Event
Mike Webb,(with guitar) SERVPRO of Ocala Marketing Manager/Consultant performing live for local SERVPRO Clients with a friend joining in.
SERVPRO of Ocala hosted a Customer Appreciation Event at a local Winery. Clients were treated to food and drink along with live music provided by Mike Webb, SERVPRO of Ocala Marketing Manager/ Consultant. It was a nice way to say "Thank you" to all our clients and get to meet them in a relaxed social setting. They loved it! SERVPRO of Ocala believes in giving back to both our communities and customers when the opportunity presents itself. This "get together" was a one of a kind in regards to Mike Webb's former experience in the music industry and ability to perform and entertain our SERVPRO customers and family and friends. Mike also gets to follow up with everyone while visiting his customers asking what they thought of the evening and how SERVPRO of Ocala might improve on future events.